Are these two books essentially the same?
I won’t go into deep analysis, but here are some of the key differences between these two
1. The word Bible itself is derived from a Greek word Biblia which simply means books. The Bible consists of 66 books. It has two testaments. Old Testament contains 39 books and the New Testament contains 27 books. The Quran on the other hand is one book that contains Chapters or Suras.
2. The God of the Bible has the eternal Son – Jesus Christ. The God of the Quran doesn’t have a son.
3. The God of the Bible is a Triune God. A God of The Quran isn’t.
4. The Bible affirms the eternality and supremacy of Jesus Christ. The Quranic Jesus is a mere prophet.
5. The Bible affirms that Jesus died on the cross and rose again from the dead on the third day. The Quran mistakenly assumes that somebody else took Jesus’ place on the cross.
What do you think?