Have you ever wondered why do so many Christians often talk so much about the church? Why do they attend church services or belong to the local church?
The God of the Bible (and this universe) has allowed in His wisdom to ordain many local churches globally. The Lord Jesus is the head of the Church. He unfolds His plan of salvation for us through His Church. Let’s look at the following passage to get answer some of these questions?
To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages in God who created all things, so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. (Ephesians 3:8-10)
In Ephesians 3:10, we read one of the most powerful verses regarding the church of Jesus Christ. The Lord has established only one institute on this earth; whereby both saved and lost will come to a sound understanding of God and His work of salvation. “So that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places.” The word ‘manifold’ simply means many, variety, varied, plenty, several. God’s wisdom has many facets and these are meant to channel through the church through the preaching and teaching of God’s Word.
What does the wisdom of God look like in the life of the Church?
- In preaching: God speaks to us through His Word. We learn about Him and His will in the Bible.
- In leadership: Serving the people of God and helping them to remain obedient to the call of Christ.
- In relationships: How we ought to behave towards others? For example the Bible places a greater emphasis of our relationships. There are clear instructions for husbands, wives, children, employers, workers, politicians etc.
- In fearing God: The Bible gives us a true definition of good fear. The fear of the Lord is to hate evil or sin. There is no other “holy” book that paints a clear and real picture of our sin. When we truly repent of our sin, we find grace of God for our life.
- In counselling: The Bible is full of life principles that are often applied to fix broken lives.
- In salvation: The Church is the only place where you learn about how you can inherit eternal life.
Have you been to a Bible Believing Church lately?