The Bible is a God-inspired, inerrant, sufficient and infallible Word. It is God's spoken Word by which we are able to instruct the people of God and compel those who don't know the Lord to come to the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The Word of God is the final authority in everything we do in our church.
We believe God created the heavens and earth. He created everything that we see on Earth. He also created the man (Adam) and the woman (Eve) in His image. Adam fell in sin and mankind fell with Him in Sin. We were created in the image of God, but because of the original sin, the image of God is marred and therefore there is evil in the world. This is why people live in fear, anger, malice, hatred and so on. The fall is the reason why there is so much brokenness in the world.
Jesus Christ came into the world to redeem spiritually dead people. This is the Gospel; the good news. He did it by dying on the cross and rising from the dead on the third day. He ascended to heaven after His resurrection and appearance to His disciples. He will reappear again when the time is up for the next age to come.
The God of the Bible has been revealed to us in three distinct persons - The Father, The Son, & The Holy Spirit. We were made to know this God and to enjoy His fellowship.
The Church is the body of Christ on earth. The local church is the covenanted community of God's people who come together to worship God, have fellowship with one another, care for one another and carry out the mission of Christ to the ends of the earth. The local church members are to serve the Lord using their time, talents and treasures as prescribed by the Scripture.
The role of a pastor, elder or preacher (the pulpit ministry) in the local church's life is reserved for the called/qualified men by the Lord as clearly explained in the Scripture.
We believe in every member ministry. This means every church member is encouraged to use their gifts and graces to build up one another in beliefs and practices for the glory of God.
Those who desire to be church members must be born again and hold firm to the truth of the scriptures and the confession and the doctrine of the local church.
Baptism: The Bible teaches about a believer's baptism by immersion in the profession of faith. It is also a picture of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the picture of our future hope of resurrection too.
The Lord's Table (Communion): The baptised believers are invited to take part in the Lord's Supper with their fellow believers to remember the atoning death of Jesus on the cross as commanded in the Scripture.
Jesus commanded His disciples to preach the gospel to all nations.
Although some are specifically called to serve in preaching and teaching ministries, all Christians are called to make disciples for the glory of God. We are called to use our time, talents and treasures to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
Men and women are created equal and the Scripture teaches the complementarian view of marriage.
The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Trinity. He is co-equal and co-eternal with the Father and Jesus Christ.
The Holy Spirit works a great miracle by regenerating a spiritually dead person into a new life in Christ.
We do not believe in speaking in tongues, gifts of healing or people having new revelations since the Canon of Scripture is closed now.
There are no new prophecies or revelations in the church today. God speaks to us today from His scripture and through the preaching of God's Word. Additionally, there are no apostles or prophets in the church today.
We eagerly await the second coming of the Lord Jesus. Those who have died in Christ shall rise again and the alive shall be taken away from this world to their permanent home with their Lord and Saviour.
The Lord Jesus will judge the people and the nations. Those who are found in Christ will inherit the kingdom of God that will last forever and those who are not found in Christ will be cast into eternal darkness i.e. hell.
The elect of God will live with God forever on the new earth for all eternity.
This is why we tell the world about the coming of Christ and compel them to come to Christ before it is too late.
1. We believe in the one true and living God, in three Persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, who is invisible, personal, omnipresent, eternal, dependent on none, unchanging, truthful, trustworthy, almighty, sovereign, omniscient, righteous, holy, good, loving, merciful, long-suffering and gracious and the Creator of all things.
2. We believe that Almighty God in His great goodness has revealed all that is necessary to life and salvation in the sixty-six books of Holy Scripture which are the Word of God. All Scripture was given by inspiration of God, is infallible and inerrant, and is sufficient in all matters of faith and practice. Its authority is derived from its Author and not from the opinions of men.
3. We believe that God made our first father Adam perfect, holy and upright. He was appointed representative and head of the human race thereby exposing all his offspring to the effects of his obedience and disobedience to God’s commands.
4. We believe that Adam fell from his original righteousness into sin and brought upon himself and all his offspring death, condemnation and sinful nature.
5. We believe it is utterly beyond the power of fallen man to know God, to love Him, to keep His laws, to believe the Gospel, to repent of sin or trust in Christ.
6. We believe that God, before the foundation of the world, for His own glory did elect an innumerable host of men and women to eternal life as an act of free and sovereign grace. This election was in no way dependent upon His foresight of human faith, decision, works or merit.
7. We believe that God so loved lost sinners that He sent His Son into the world, conceived of the virgin Mary by the Holy Spirit, unchangeably sinless, both God and man, born under the Law to live a perfect life.
8. We believe that God’s Son died at Calvary to effect propitiation, reconciliation, redemption and atonement for His elect people. God bore testimony to His acceptance of His Son’s work by raising Him from the dead for our justification.
9. We believe that God’s Son ascended to the rght hand of His Father and is enthroned in glory, where He intercedes on behalf of His people and rules over all things for their sake.
10. We believe that the Holy Spirit has been sent from heaven to glorify Christ and to apply His work of salvation. By the mystery of His all-powerful work those dead in sin are brought into spiritual life. They hear the call of God through His Word and are given the desire and ability to repent of sin and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ as their Saviour and Lord. The Holy Spirit indwells all believers, brings assurance of salvation and produces increasing likeness to Christ. He builds up the Church and empowers its members for worship, service and mission.
11. We believe the elect, who are called by grace, are justified in the sight of God on account of the imputed righteousness of Jesus Christ which is received by faith alone.
12. We believe that such as are regenerated, called and justified shall persevere in holiness and enter into the joys of heaven.
13. We believe in the necessity of baptism by immersion, on a profession of repentance and faith in order to enter into Church membership. We believe that the Lord’s Supper is a privilege of Church membership to be administered under the discipline of the local Church.
14. We believe that the local Church is under the authority of Christ alone. The unity of the body of Christ is expressed within and between churches by mutual love, care and encouragement. True fellowship between churches exists only where they are faithful to the Gospel.
15. We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ shall come again to judge all people, to raise the dead, both righteous and unrighteous, and that the righteous shall be glorified and enjoy everlasting life and the wicked endure everlasting punishment.
16. We believe in Church based mission – that it is the responsibility and privilege of the local Church to be obedient to Christ’s Commission to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to all mankind, seeking to disciple and baptise believers, establishing them into local churches.
As a company of men and women who have been saved by the blood of Christ and brought together into the fellowship of this church, we promise;
These promises we make, not in our strength, being conscience of our weaknesses, but in the power and strength of our God, whose we are, and who we desire to serve. To Father, Son and the Holy Spirit, be glory both now and evermore. Amen.
© 2010-2023 Grace Church Southall